Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Newly Painted Front Door

Good morning y'all, I hope y'all had as much of a productive weekend as we did. Since we are having our engagement/house warming party coming up in the next few weeks I am trying to get all the little house to-do's complete. The first on the list was to paint our front door, which was a brown color. It was a little boring and compared to the other front doors on our street we knew we needed something different. 

I made a trip to Home Depot and picked out six color samples; two reds, two yellows, and two light greens (almost white). I don't know if y'all are familiar with some of the handy paint tools they have out there these days, but one of the newer products (at least to me) are these clear sheets, the come in a pack of three, that you can paint on and stick to whatever surface you are painting and then remove. These are ideal to use if you are trying to decided and pick a color, but don't want to actually paint the surface. You can usually find them on the counter in the paint section. 

I painted all six colors on two sheets and stuck the sheets to the door. I stood back and let all the colors soak in and then after a short discussion with Amos we picked a color. The red was too much for me, plus there are a couple of red doors on our street already. The yellow was super cute and I think that is what the previous owners had before it was painted brown, but we decided to go with one of the light greens called Mountain Haze, part of the Behr line. So I removed the two paint sheets and we began the transformation of our brown door to our new door. I love the new color and it makes me smile every time I pull up to the house






Signature photo Signiture_zps5dfab27f.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this interesting and informative article, painting with airless spray gun will be faster and more interesting!

    Air Spray Gun

    ReplyDelete