Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Our Engagement/House Warming Party - Setting Up - Part 1 - Flowers

Hey Y'all! Life has been in the fast lane for Amos and I lately and with the holiday seasons rolling on in I see no real change in the pace, but on a lighter note, last weekend we threw our engagement/house warming party. It was a huge success and we had so much fun. All of our hard work and planning definitely paid off. We couldn't feel more blessed by the amazing family and friends we have in our lives. Since so much went into the planning and setting up I thought I would break it up in a few post. I talked about the very initial stages of the planning process, here

The day before the party my mother came over to help me setup for the party. Since both of us love flowers and still had our recent flower arrangement learning experience (see post here) on the brain we went to a local flower shop and bought a few bundles of greenery filling, two dozen of smaller roses on sale, a dozen of really large multi-color roses, and some other filler flowers. In all we spend a hundred bucks. 

I knew from the beginning that I wanted the arrangements we made to go in these white pitchers I have been collecting over the years from Marshall's Homegoods and TJ Maxx. I need at least five arrangements to go on the tables that were setup outside. In total we were able to make five large arrangements and two smaller arrangements with all of the flowers we got. Here is a look at our setup and the arrangements we made. 

My mom tapping off the tops to form a grid to place the flower stems in each white pitcher. We of course were listening to sweet jams while arranging. 










No comments:

Post a Comment