Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Easy Cactus D.I.Y.

Hey y'all! I decided to do a quick DIY a couple of weekends ago since I was in the mood, and I came up with these little cuties. 


Since I do not possess the world’s greenest thumb, I do like to buy fake plants from time to time. However, it is not easy to make fake plants look presentable, and more importantly, fashionable in a home. Interestingly enough, I found these cute faux cacti while browsing through Hobby Lobby.  I instantly knew they would be perfect with these tiny pots from Anthropologie I had lying around.  Less than five minutes after arriving home, I had these cute little accents decorating my home! 

Supplies:
- hot glue gun (optional)
- small planter (these are from Anthropologie, on sale)
- fake cactus stems (from Hobby Lobby)
- rocks/stones (from Hobby Lobby)


Place a tiny bit of hot glue on the bottom of the pot to keep the cactus stem from toppling over. This step can be skipped, but I liked having the stability of the stem in the planter. Once the glue has dried, you can slowly start adding the rocks and you’re pretty much done.  I didn't glue down any of the rocks, but that is an option to keep everything in place in case the planter falls over.  It's as easy as that.  Now, the fun part is finding cute new places to put your new cactus planter!





Signature photo Signiture_zps5dfab27f.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment