Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Kitchen Updates...Phase 1!!!!

Hey y'all I talked a little bit about some of my weekend projects on Friday and I am here to share with y'all the main project, which is our kitchen update. It is not hundred percent where I want it (see inspiration photo here), but it is getting closer; which I am absolutely thrilled about, so I will affectionately call this Phase 1 of our kitchen remodel. 

Kitchen Styled Phase 1



I loveeeeeeeeeeeee white kitchens, as you can see from an old post here, and instead of just wishing for this white kitchen to pop out of thin air, I am going with a more practically approach and doing it in phases. These "phases" may take months or years, but hopefully it gets me to my dream white kitchen without breaking our bank accounts. 

The first easiest and cheapest fix was to remove the backsplash and update it with a classic white subway tile and any wall that didn't have tile to paint it white. 

Kitchen Before
Kitchen Before
Kitchen Before

The second step where to remove the elements that were making our kitchen feel small and clustered (since the kitchen is part of the "old" house these ceiling are the standard 8-ft tall). The items that were dropping our ceiling visually and making this space seem small were: 
  • Drop Lights
  • Two overhangs
  • Closed shelving

Before Kitchen Remodel...Phase 1

Well folks here are some of the AMAZING after photos not styled and then of course the fun part styled. 

Kitchen Remodel Phase 1
Kitchen Remodel Phase 1
Kitchen Remodel Phase 1


Uh can I just say WOW, what a difference the open shelving and removing the overhangs opened up this space. And oh the white the beautiful white!!! So clean and pretty!!!

Kitchen Styled Phase 1

Open Shelving Styled Phase 1
Kitchen Styled Phase 1
Kitchen Styled Phase 1




Yay!!! I love walking into this kitchen y'all! I still want an island and white countertops, but the next phase (Phase 2) may just to make the peninsula all counter height and get new WHITE countertops. 
I will have to wait to make it an island much later down the road. This is because it is most likely one of the biggest cost of the kitchen remodel and that is to make the peninsula and island requires digging into our foundation to reroute plumbing (play sad music here). That's okay though just by doing these little things already has made going into the kitchen much more enjoyable. Some may think the before wasn't bad, and it really wasn't, it just wasn't my taste at all and well as the saying goes "happy wife, happy life," right hahaha. 

Oh and since I haven't shared our pretty dining area in a while off of the kitchen I thought I would share some since the lighting was really pretty that day. Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment